Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lady A


I just have to make it known that I am in love with this band!! Sugarland has always been my favorite band, but these guys are rising quickly to my top spot!! Every song that they have either relates to me somehow, or just puts me in a great mood! I know you are all familiar with the songs out so far, if not you have missed out! You can't help but love: "Love Dont Live Here Anymore", "Lookin for a Good Time", "Run to You", "Need you Now", and "American Honey". I am going to be able to see them (along with many others) at the CMA festival in Nashville this June with Tim's brother, Ben. I am super excited about this festival!! They will also be with Tim McGraw here in Birmingham in May. Right now, the song that I am loving the most hasn't come out on the radio yet. It is called, "I Was Here". Here are the lyrics, it definately sums up the way I've been feeling for about a year now! I'm sure many others my age can relate to these lyrics as well. I just feel like I am meant to be so much more than what I am right now. I do know that God has a great plan for me and I will succeed in whatever it is I am meant to do with Him guiding the way!



I Was Here

You will notice me
I’ll be leaving my mark
Like initials carved in an old oak tree
You wait and see

Maybe I’ll write like Twain wrote
Maybe I’ll paint like Van Gogh
Cure the common cold… I don’t know
But I’m ready to start ‘cause I know in my heart

I wanna do something that matters
Say something different
Something that sets the whole world on its ear
Wanna do something better
With the time I’ve been given
I wanna try
To touch a few hearts in this life
And leave nothing less than something that says
I was here

I will prove you wrong
If you think I’m all talk
You’re in for a shock ‘cause this dreams too strong
Before too long
Maybe I’ll compose symphonies
Maybe I’ll fight for world peace
‘Cause I know it’s my destiny
to leave more than a trace of myself in this place

I know that I will do more than just pass through this life
I’ll leave nothing less than something that says
I was here

No comments: