Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Sunday, November 20, 2011
How cute are these pilgram hats that my step mom and I made for Cadens class this week? Fudge stripped cookies, reeses, and yellow icing. Caden helped by unwrapping the reeses but then he was tired of helping! That's the way it always goes with him. Happy thanksgiving week!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- I got my dress! Well, I picked it out and ordered it. It is due in April. I am so excited because the dress is the what you dream of the most about your wedding day, after your groom of course!;)
- My mom bought me an awesome chandelier that will be above us during the ceremony!
- We got a tonnnn of glassware from random places. Like vases, candle holders, and more vintage inspired pieces.
- Almost all of my bridesmaids have accepted! All of Shane's groomsmen have accepted.
- Our moms will meet tonight!! And I will meet Shane's sister and her family for the first time. We all live in different towns.
- My friends have been hard at work planning our holiday shower. If I could have only one shower, it would def. be a holiday shower! I am so festive! Our closest family and friends will be invited to this. I will also be given a tea from each of my churches, and a couple's shower from more friends in the spring. So exciting!!
- Two sweet ladies from my church were going to be taking care of the catering, however they have had some unfortunate issues come up and will be unable. I completely understand and am not stressing about the search for a caterer closer to the venue.
- I have wanted my bachelorette getaway to be a trip to Nashville in early June for the CMA festival. I want this so bad and am about to get serious on the arrangements! Any tips are welcomed!
- I designed our Cmas Card/ Save the Date and should be receiving them any day! I am so glad that I thought to combine the two!
- Our engagement gallery is closed and our photographer just had a baby! I should be able to order prints soon! Still am not sure how to choose! I will leave you all with the few that have been shared!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
We had our thanksgiving dinner tonight for the residents. I always arrange our parties around the kids. This time I had big intentions, but it all slipped up on us so quickly! I decided to have the dinner begin earlier in the day which gave them a chance to enjoy each others company without our little loves running around everywhere! A few of the boys came and ate after school. After dinner, one little boy went with me to take an elderly lady a plate. She tried to give me a check for the plate and I rejected. I kept telling her how we just wanted to bring it over to her. And the sweet boy said, " yeah that's all we wanted to do!" I wish you could've heard the sweet voice he said it in! The lady hugged me and thanked me and when I left she told me she loved me. Now I know people say it all of the time, but this meant so much to me. After we left I reminded him that we were serving others just like Jesus asks us to do and that we shouldn't accept anything in return for our services. I am so thankful for that opportunity to share that with them!