Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Patch



This was our first year to go to a different pumpkin patch. I have heard many great things about the one in Clanton. For the locals- The biggest difference is that the way you pay; at Baker's Farm, everyone pays to get in and most activities are free once you are in.  At the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch, you don't pay to enter, you pay for each individual activity. Like, Shane and I didnt ride the Twactor Twain (ha!) and we didn't pay for that! So which ever you prefer. This one was more open, but they are both very nice and well kept.

Before we got there, we took an unexpected detour. A little wrong turn, if you will. It added about 10 min of this...

Could not help but sing my favorite country song right now...

"And it makes me wanna take a back road

Makes me wanna take the long way home

Put a little gravel in my travel

Unwind, unravel all night long

 
Makes me wanna grab my honey

Tear down some two lane country, who knows

Get lost and get right with my soul

Makes me wanna take, makes me wanna take a back road"

We finally arrived, and woke up a sleepy little boy. That is always fun! He didn't want to do anything at first. He passed up on the pony rides and the bouncy park. I was disappointed that he wasn't wanting to do any of the things he normally loves. Maybe he is getting older :(

The bouncy park

Lots of pumpkins!
White, warty, fairy tale, eating, cinderella, and pink
those were some of their names!

Twactor Twain ride



This was Shane's first pumpkin patch adventure and also his first hayride!!

Hayride to the pumpkin patch
(Were gonna pretend that back fat isnt so visible!)

Nachos & cheese and a Sunkist should make it all better!

There are a lot of pictures here, but I could help but laugh as I flipped through them all! 

"I think those look good"

"hmmm"

"but not as good as those"

"here we go"

"Oh yeah, I like this one"

"See Mom"

"Let me help you"

"Cheese"

"wait a minute, what about this one?"

"I think I can get it"

"which one?"

"Mom, I know youre taking pictures of me"

I love our family picture at
Pumpkin Patch 2011

We stopped downtown for a little homecooking!

I filled up on some yummy veggies, sweet tea, and peach cobbler!!

Awesome, awesome day!!

No comments: