Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Who does not love some good ol Dr. Seuss?! There are so many great books out there of his and I love hearing Caden read them. He will try to read them fast and rhyme with expressions. Its just too cute! At his school, they celebrate Dr. Seuss birthday week by dressing up everyday with a different theme. As silly as it may sound, I think this is my favorite week out of the school year! I go in every morning, (sorry, but I am THAT mom!) and take pictures of him and his classmates that participated. They are all so cute! On Wednesday, his actual birthday, they had a birthday party for him with Dr. Seuss themed birthday cakes. I am so mad at myself for forgetting to snap a few pictures of the cakes! The pictures I did take were actually with my phone (as are many of the others on this blog), therefore please forgive the quality. The students also enjoyed green eggs and ham, a scavenger hunt, and special guest readers.
Cat in the Hat Day



"Hunt for a Good Book"



"It's Groovy to Read"



"Kick up your Heels and Read"



How cute were they? Friday was "One foot, Two feet, Sock feet" and the kids wore silly socks. I was planning to go back at lunch to take pictures, but didn't have enough time.My only complaint with Dr. Seuss is the spelling of his name! I always want to write "Suess"! It only seems right!


No comments: