Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This is my second week to link up with Blissfully Burton for "Thankful Thursday"! I think I am really going to enjoy reflecting every week on even the smallest things that I am thankful for! Thank you Megan, for putting this together! And thank you for your sweet comment, I wasnt able to reply for some reason!

I am thankful for my job, and all of the interaction I get with the children here at the apartments. This little boy gave me a thank you card yesterday, because I threw a "Back to School" party last week and gave out school supplies that had been donated by other residents.


I checked out a few books at the library this week to help this little girl get back in the routine of reading!



I am thankful for the opportunity to help with the GAs (Girls in Action) group at our church on Wednesday nights! I am a fill in for the regular teacher and last night was my first time. I prayed for God to speak through me to teach the girls what He wanted them to learn. I think it went very well, and I am looking forward to my next chance to fill in!
This is a few of our GAs

A few other things I am thankful for this week...

-We are going to 2nd grade orientation tonight! I am thankful that Caden got a great teacher! I was not very concerned this year because all of our 2nd grade teachers are amazing! We have been blessed all 3 years at Indian Valley with outstanding teachers!

- I found out this week that our town will have a flag football team for Caden's age this year! I am so excited and thankful that Caden has a chance to try something new! I am hoping that he finds something he loves doing very soon!

- I am thankful that we will be back in a routine next week! I always do and feel better on a schedule. I am very thankful to get back to a running schedule as well!

And here are the ones that I am so very thankful to have in my life...


I am counting my many, many blessings!


1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

I LOVE all the things you are thankful for! Especially the first 2 - those sound like neat activities! So excited for your little one to start school, too!
Great post! Thanks for playing along!