Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blogger 411

Today I am linking up with "FROM MRS. TO MAMA" for a bloggy 411!


1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
-I began blogging in the spring of 2010, so right around 2 years. I am still writing about our days like I intended. I sometimes wish I had more to time to write about my random thoughts, because those posts are usually the best. However, I do good just to stay on top of everything else we have going on. Right now I am about 2 weeks behind, which makes for not such a good blogging buddy. But it is mainly just for my memories!

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
-I took a year of basics following high school. But then I had the grand idea of my best friend and I taking the 1 year cosmetology course and being done with school. I mean, I liked to get dressed up and do hair and make up so why not? WRONG! I finished, found myself working in a salon, sweating bullets for a few months, praying the client DIND'T choose me to do their hair, due to my lack of confidence. I continued waitressing and attempted to go back for a few more classes. Now I am actually somewhat using my cosmetology as a Mary Kay consultant. BEST JOB EVER.

3. Where have you traveled?
-Our family vacations as a child were always to the beach (Florida). But in jr high and high school, thanks to my church youth and choir tours, I was able to visit almost every state in the US with the main destinations being; The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Niagra Falls. Very Thankful for those years and opportunities to share God's love across the US. Most recently, we took our honeymoon a little north of Cancun, La Playa Mujeres. AMAZING.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
- I would def spend the majority of mine on mission trips. Of course I would have a lot of fun with it too, but international mission trips have always been a dream of mine. I hope to take one soon!!

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1- to hear someone chew. (chips, cereal, etc.)
2- moms putting children behind their lifestyle. If you are a mom, be one.
3- people calling me "perfect", gets my blood boiling.... just because I try to live right? I have been called this by family and friends both and it kills me.

6. What is your favorite movie?
-couldn't breathe during Bridesmaids from laughing so hard

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
- sweet wines..moscato or white zin and water

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
-mani/pedi, blog, shop

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
-easy...TJ Maxx or Target

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
- the most recent was with my best friend Julie, we were heading to my rehearsal dinner and she was talking about how the rain was moving away from our area. I excitedly told her that she should not be in pharmacy school, that she should become a radiologist. Clearly meaning meteorologist. We both laughed so hard. I wasnt even thinking, I just said it!!

11. What day would you love to relive again?
-WEDDING DAY! the best day!!

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
- not too sure, but the moms I love the most are Elizabeth Hassleback and Kelly Ripa

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
-first job ever was a "tea girl" at a local restuarant. We took drink orders and made rounds re filling drinks the entire night. We were paid min. wage and I was 14 years old. Throughout the years I also served at Golden Rule BBQ (managed there too), Buffalo Wild Wings (favorite job ever, after Mary Kay) and The Back Nine, a bar in Birmingham. I substituted school during those years as well, loved that. And most recently left my job as as apartment manager, loved that as well.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
Jr Prom-2004

15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
-First thought before even reading Becky's post was Bora Bora!

-Venice would be nice too!

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
Our first day as a family
 
 
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
-As a Top Mary Kay Sales Director! Hopefully with a baby or two!

Hope you all enjoyed learning a little more about me! Cant wait to read a few more about others!!

1 comment:

Elenie Counts said...

I mentioned you on my blog today! ;) you are just beautiful and I love all your wedding pictures! Hope you're having a great week!