Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sad, Stormy Day

That is what we had here in Alabama yesterday. We knew it was supposed to get bad, but no one (not even James Spann) knew it was going to get as bad as it did. Luckily, here in Sylacauga, we only had a few trees fall and some families lose power. Compared to what the rest of the state went through, I am so very thankful. First we heard reports of a tornado in Cullman, AL. My district manager, actually lives there and she and her husband were down in a storm cellar when the storm came through. It damaged a lot of her house, but she was just thankful for their safety.


Then there was Tuscaloosa. Which has been the home of many of my friends and family for years at a time, while they attended the University. All of the photos and stories just break my heart. I know it couldve just as easily have been us. Many other towns were also affected yesterday by these awful tornadoes.


All of these photos look like they were taken somewhere else, not in my home state. The death tolls were rising continually yesterday and are still rising today. The toll was 162 as of 2 hours ago.We are all in prayer for these families that have lost loved ones as well as their homes.

We all are in such shock, but we are dying to help in any way we can. For starters, we are just asking for our complex residents to make any donations of food, water or anything else that may help out. We will then find a place in need to take it to. Even in these awful times, I know God is in control. We have to lean on our faith in Him, especially during these times when we don't have all the answers that we wish we did. 

Also, we all know here that our biggest rivalry is between Auburn and Alabama. A few months ago, when our beloved Toomer's Corner was poisoned in Auburn, some Alabama fans started a fund called "Tide for Toomer's" I loved it! I was so happy to see the fans pull together during that sad time. I am even more happy to see it again. Auburn fans have pulled together "Toomer's for Tuscaloosa" I have never been a mean, hateful fan so it brings joy to me seeing everyone put the silliness aside to help out.
WAR EAGLE!


‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

No comments: