Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Choir Tours

The church I grew up in takes a youth choir mission trip every summer. Some of the best memories I have from when I was younger, are from those trips. We always had so much fun and were really touched and brought closer to God on those trips. The best part of all was that we were able to share the gospel with so many other areas. We had a specific destination, and would make stops along the way at churches and other places singing songs and preforming skits to share the love of Jesus. I was only able to make 3 trips, those were to the Grand Canyon, Niagra Falls, and Yellowstone National Park. The other trips included New York City, San Francisco, Hawaii, Disneyworld, a cruise, and others that I am not too sure about. Without the hard work of our music director, and support from our church, those opportunities would have never been possible for me and many others. Thank you FBC Childersburg and Par for giving the youth those opportunities. I hope that Caden has a chance to experience mission trips such as those I am thankful for. 

This year, they went to San Antonio, TX. My brother and sister have been going on the trips since they were old enough. At the end of every tour, they have a Homecoming concert at the church with a dinner afterwards. I always try to go and watch them. I am still amazed at how old my baby brother and sister are!

The youth choir

My brother singing

Calan and Caden

Those pictures were taken with my phone.

If you are ever given an opportunity for your child/teen to go on a mission trip, DO IT! I will be going with Caden to an RA "Mom and Lad" Camp at the end of July. I am very excited about it, because we are the only two going from our church on this particular trip. It will just be the two of us with other moms and sons that we dont know! Im praying that it will be beneficial to us both!


No comments: